- Exit poll audio slideshow 8 a.m.
- Exit poll audio slideshow 1 p.m.
- Exit poll audio slideshow 4 p.m.
- Exit poll audio slideshow 8 p.m.
- Democratic student response audio slideshow
- Republican student response audio slideshow
What I would change for next time:
- More video: both a live stream and edited
- More live updates as stats come in, using Twitter
- Live blogging
If I had a team of Webbies it would have been so much cooler. When you're a one (wo)man band, it gets tough. I also had three other classes on election day, not to mention my second job as a graphic designer. There are some days I wish being online editor was my only responsibility. I didn't leave the newsroom until 3 a.m..
But enough moping. I'm proud of the Daily's coverage. I'm shocked that reporters were actually willing to do so much multimedia.
Why it worked
- Planning things ahead
- Sending reporters out in teams to do both reporting and multimedia editing
- Having as much stuff pre-made as possible
I'm glad to have been part of such a historical election. I'll remember it for the rest of my life.