The latest project from our
tools and apps news apps team is a local Olympian database that lets you track local athletes in London. The glorified table lets you see at a glance:
- Day and time athletes compete (both local and London time)
- Channel where you can watch the competition
- Bio information about each athlete
- Local connection for each athlete
- Result of competition (icon changes to reflect medal earned) with link to coverage
Most of the credit for this project goes to our news apps developer intern Kevin Schaul, developer Dean Kramer and sports producer Amy Bergstrom. My contribution was in the design/UI/vision realm.
As Kevin notes, the app is built with Django, flattened out and sent to Amazon S3 using django-bakery. It'll be more awesome looking as results start coming in.